Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crab Crawl Finish For A Hooked Rug

 
I've been busy hooking, punching, and doing a little applique!
 
I thought I would share with you how I am finishing this rug.  The actual hooked rug pattern is by Laurie of The Wooly Red Rug.   She has some really awesome rug patterns to chose from!
 
Now on to how I am binding this rug.... First you will want to  single crochet all around the rug making sure to add 3 to 4 single crochets in the corners  then came back over the top of the single crochet with a crab crawl stitch. 
 
I used an F size crochet hook and some of my hand dyed 4 ply wool yarn "warm browns" and it gives it a nice rope twist look on top! 
If you are wondering about the noise in the background :) Sloan was busy coloring!
 
Just another way to finish a hooked rug.
 
Happy Trails.....Ginger

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Great tutorial, always nice to see it actually being done.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

That is really cool! I'm going to share it with some inquiring minds! :-) Thank you!

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Thanks for posting your video, Miss Ginger Peachy! Love the looks of this finish, and will be watching video again, and doing this lovely edging!

Give the grandkids lots of hugs and kisses, while they'll let us! Jonut

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us.

Saundra said...

One day I'd love to try a crochet edge. In the day I used to do a lot of crocheting and knitting but the only thing I've had in my hand for years is a rug hook.

Country Whispers said...

Great tutorial. I really like the looks of the finished product. Thanks for sharing!

Farm Girl said...

I always learn so much from your tutorials. I really like that stitch. It looks so impressive. Now I need to learn how to crochet. That looks so much faster than the way I do it. Thank you Ginger.

Gayle said...

What a nice finish! I've crocheted the edge using wool strips, but it makes sense to use wool yarn too! NOW we want to see the entire rug please! LOL

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks, Ginger. Fun finish. I've never heard of that stitch, but I'm not a crocheter.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

I love this finished binding. Now if I
can only do it as neat as you do!

Cheryl R said...

thank you for this great information. I'mstill learning things about hooking and this I could do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, love your tutorials. Just browsing your blog. You mention that this mat that you are doing the crab stitch on is from LJ Fibers. Can you tell us the name of the pattern? It's lovely!

Jan